The primary research area of the VCU Department of Physics centers around experimental and theoretical condensed matter physics and nanoscience, and extends to related interdisciplinary areas. We have faculty studying nanostructures, atomic clusters, cluster-assembled materials, semiconductor defects and surfaces, spintronic materials, biophysics and biomaterials, and even gravitational theory and cosmology. READ MORE ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS
- Paper by VCU Physicists named Cover Article.
- From theory to practice: New stable, magnetic superatom could power innovations in nanomaterials
- VCU Physics Student, Adrian Vagberg, wins A-10 Championship in Golf.
- Professor Bertino Elected as Senior Member of National Academy of Inventors
- VCU Alum Named First Director of Biomedical Consortium.
- Paper by VCU Physicists named Editor's Choice.