The primary research area of the VCU Department of Physics centers around experimental and theoretical condensed matter physics and nanoscience, and extends to related interdisciplinary areas. We have faculty studying nanostructures, atomic clusters, cluster-assembled materials, semiconductor defects and surfaces, spintronic materials, biophysics and biomaterials, and even gravitational theory and cosmology. READ MORE ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS
- New research could dramatically decrease the cost of producing pharmaceuticals
- With nanopore sensing, VCU physics researchers detect subtle changes in single particles, in real time
- How lasers might help solve sex crimes
- Physics Department Open House
- Congratulations to Our Fall 2018 Graduates.
- Template to create superatoms, created by VCU researchers improve the power and efficiency of batteries and semiconductors.