The VCU Physics Open House (pdf) is on Sat. Dec. 15 from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Located at 701 W. Grace St., Richmond, VA, use the Laurel St. Entrance.
The primary research area of the VCU Department of Physics centers around experimental and theoretical condensed matter physics and nanoscience, and extends to related interdisciplinary areas. We have faculty studying nanostructures, atomic clusters, cluster-assembled materials, semiconductor defects and surfaces, spintronic materials, biophysics and biomaterials, and even gravitational theory and cosmology. READ MORE ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS
- Congratulations to Our Fall 2018 Graduates.
- Template to create superatoms, created by VCU researchers improve the power and efficiency of batteries and semiconductors.
- Physics Grad Wins Young Investigator Award
- A team led by Dr. Reed has developed a revolutionary imaging technique to map DNA mutations
- Dr. Bertino has been appointed the Director of the Nanomaterials Core Characterization Facility
- Shiv Khanna to Become Chair of Physics