The primary research area of the VCU Department of Physics centers around experimental and theoretical condensed matter physics and nanoscience, and extends to related interdisciplinary areas. We have faculty studying nanostructures, atomic clusters, cluster-assembled materials, semiconductor defects and surfaces, spintronic materials, biophysics and biomaterials, and even gravitational theory and cosmology. READ MORE ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS
- Learn about our Ph.D Program in Nanoscience.
- International symposium explores how nanoscience can help solve problems in energy, medicine
- International Symposium on Clusters and Nanoparticles hosted by VCU.
- New External Funding in the VCU Physics Department.
- Welcoming New Faculty Members and Honoring Promotions.
- A simple, fast and less-costly approach to diagnosing blood cancers?
- 2D Wonder Material