The Department of Physics has adopted the following goals for all students earning a BS degree in Physics.
Students will demonstrate:
- a fundamental understanding of the main areas of physics.
- mastery of the analytical approach to solving technical problems by identifying simple subsystems that obey known physical laws and using these laws to approximate the behavior of the whole system.
- communication skills, both written and oral, needed to explain the analysis of technical problems.
- scientific literacy skills including searching, reading, and critically reviewing, scientific publications.
- proficiency in information processing by generating and interpreting data presented in tables, graphs, drawings, and models.